By Ariane Bilodeau, Copywriter/editor, and health & food blogger
In my opinion, there is no better breakfast than a refreshing and nutritious smoothie. You get almost instantly the energy boost you need to start the day off right as your body spends very little energy digesting and assimilating nutrients. But drinking the same thing every morning soon gets dull, and trying new flavours every day can be time-consuming.
Here are some good tips for making different smoothies every morning in no time:
- 2.Keep frozen fruits separate
If you mix all your frozen fruits in one bag, it will be difficult for you to try different flavours from one morning to the next. Try placing similar fruits together in different bags (for example, one bag for berries, one for bananas, and one for tropical fruits).
- 3.Use an unflavoured liquid
If you use flavoured non-dairy milk, it will be harder to create distinct smoothie flavours. Buy regular and unsweetened plant-based milks, and use your fruit mix to give your smoothie an incredible taste. Note that you can also use juice or water. For a chocolaty smoothie, simply add cocoa powder!
In the morning, throw some frozen fruits in the blender, then cover with the liquid of your choice. Blend until smooth, adding liquid if needed. And since nobody likes to do the dishes in the morning, rinse everything immediately&mdashyour blender will be ready to be used the next morning.
And here are some other tips for you to try!
- Add avocado cubes or nut butter to your smoothie for extra creaminess and a dose of protein and healthy fats
- Add a little coconut milk to a tropical fruit and orange juice mixture to get an amazing orange creamsicle flavour!
- You can add cooked vegetable cubes (carrot, sweet potato, beetroot, pumpkin/squash), 1 tbsp. chia seed or a handful of oats for even more nutrients and fiber!
- Throw in two or three dates to add a nice sweet touch
Coming soon: My Vegan Road Trip