Vitamin B12 helps body to metabolize nutrients and the development of red blood cells, with a pleasant natural taste of pomegranate.
Land Art’s vitamin B12 is an indispensable vitamin for vegans. It helps the body to metabolize nutrients (lipids, carbohydrates and proteins) in order to maintain optimum health.It also known for helping the development of red blood cells.
Vitamin B12 is generally known for:
- The fabrication of the genetic material in cells and red blood cells;
- The prevention of diseases;
- The maintenance of nerve cells and those that produce bone tissue;
- Helps body to metabolize nutrients.
* Vegetarians, vegans and people suffering from pernicious anemia should consider taking a B12 supplement.
Dosage and how to use
- Children (1 to 13 years old): 1/2 teaspoon (2,5 ml) per day.
- Adolescents and adults (14 years and older): 1 teaspoon ( 5 ml ) per day.
* May be diluted in a glass of water or juice.
Precautions and warnings
- Do not use if the security seal is broken.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Shake well before use.
- Keep refrigerated after opening.
Medicinal (per 5 ml)
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamine), 1000 mcg
- Water from reverse osmosis, vegetable glycerin, citric acid, natural aroma of pomegranate, potassium sorbate, ascorbic acid.
* Does not contain dairy products, wheat, gluten, yeast or corn.
Who should take a supplement?
- Vegetarians: vitamin B12 is mainly present in animal products. Certain plants, (miso, spirulina) do contain some B12, but in a form that is only slightly absorbed by the body.
- People over the age of 50: 10 to 30% of these people do not correctly assimilate vitamin B12 due to decreased gastric acid production in the stomach.
- People affected by an auto-immune disease: the antibodies will link to the intrinsic factor rendering it unavailable for the B12.
- People suffering from chronic intestinal diseases (Crohn’s disease, Celiac disease): this type of disease prevents the passage of vitamin B12 through the intestinal wall.
- People suffering from pernicious anemia (or Biermer anemia): these people do not secrete the intrinsic factor which is essential for B12 absorption.